Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Update and Comments on a Protest

Dear Blog-reading Friends,

Once again I apologize for being a terrible blogger. I should indeed never promise big upcoming posts, but I can say that I've been having a great time. Just got back from a quick trip to `Amman, barely getting back into Syria. Al-hamdulilah. I am glad to be back in ash-Sham, my home.

I do have a little something to offer up for you now however. Not a post about my life or my activities really, but I just read this post on syriacomment about a small protest. As I had been at the protest too (by chance!) and seen some things rather differently than the other guy, I had to type up my version of the story right away. You can read it as a comment to that post.

I won't promise any posts coming up soon, but... Uul in sha' Allah. Say "inshallah".

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A declaration of having given up the blogging if I've ever heard one!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back dude !!!!!
You have a strange choice of words.

10:52 AM  
Blogger RCC said...

Don't judge too soon....

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The surest sign of having gotten over the angst of exile and separation is a dramatic falloff of correspondence and communication with those tendrils that linked you with your former reality. Unkle Nunkle

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Unkle Nunkle" (above) said it right. That's exactly what I experienced after going out into the world, feeling like I needed to reconnect with those back at home...and then suddenly, not so much. My frequent communiques back home started trailing off. Same thing happened with me and keeping my journal. I was very disciplined for months and then suddenly I woke up one morning and realized I hadn't been meticulously documenting my life for the past month. I felt liberated...like my life in that foreign country was indeed a life, not just some ephemeral journey I was on.

Keep up the writing, though, at least a little. I still want to hear more.

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home